- water supply
- nouna facility that provides a source of water-
the town debated the purification of the water supply-
first you have to cut off the water
* * *noun: source, means, or process of supplying water (as for a community) usually including reservoirs, tunnels, and pipelines and often the watershed from which the water is ultimately drawn
* * *—water-supply, adj.1. the supply of purified water available to a community.2. the facilities for storing and supplying this water, as reservoirs and pipelines.[1880-85]
* * *water supply noun1. The obtaining and distribution of water, eg to a community2. The amount of water thus distributed• • •Main Entry: ↑water
* * *water that is available for people to use in a particular area
We don’t know if these pollutants will affect the water supply.Thesaurus: general words for water and types of liquidhyponym
* * *water supply,1. water for the use of a community or particular area.2. the process of collecting and piping water for a community or particular area.
* * *the water provided for a town, an area or a building; the act of or system for supplying water to a town, etc
aclean/contaminated water supply
to improve the water supply to rural villages
Useful english dictionary. 2012.